WF 3168 – Battery Stack Monitor and Balancing Module
The WF 3168 from WireFlow is a complete battery monitoring and balancing device that includes a high voltage input multiplexer, ADC and balancing switches for each battery cell. The module can measure up to 8 series-connected cells with a voltage up to 15V per cell.
The module measurement circuit is galvanically isolated from the earth ground and provides up to 1000 VDC channel-to-earth ground isolation, making the module ideal for accurately monitoring large battery stacks. By using several WF 3168 modules it is possible to monitor every cell in a long string of series-connected cells.
Downloads & Information
(For LabVIEW versions ≥ LabVIEW 2017)
– Resolution 0.1 mV
– Accuracy, typical; ± 0.6 mV @ 10 V
– Sampling rate; 33 Hz
– Balancing current; 1.5 A/Ch
– Ch – Earth Isolation; 1000 VDC
FAQ: Can I use ScanEngine for the module?
– 8 discharge FETs for passive balancing
– Stackable architecture
– Supports multiple battery chemistries, such as 12V lead-acid and 3.7V Li-ion
– Galvanically isolated from earth ground
– 1000 VDC ch-earth isolation (continuous)
– Also for negative grounding systems
FAQ: How many FPGA resources does a C series module consume?
Hence, it is impossible to derive an exact figure that defines the FPGA usage of a specific C series module. For customers that are uncertain on whether their application will fit on a specific FPGA with a WireFlow C series module it is recommended to make a test-build. Note that no hardware is needed to make a test build.
For more details, please see AB0005-104 AN16 FPGA Resource Usage for WF C Series modules.
– Battery Management System
– Electric and Hybrid Electric Vehicles
– High Power Portable Equipment
– Energy Storage Packs