WF 3144 – Programmable Resistor Module
The WF 3144 is a 4-channel, 16-bit, Programmable Resistor Module for Compact RIO.
Each channel is galvanically isolated, making it ideal for sensor simulation.
The 16-bit resolution is non-linear with finer steps at lower resistance values. It could, for example, be used to emulate a PT100 sensor with a range of 40–180Ω/-150–+200°C with a resolution of 0.1°C.
Downloads, Information & Videos
– Max Voltage; 60 V
– Max Power; 100 mW/channel
– Range; 16 Ω–160 kΩ
– Update Rate; 200 S/s
– Max Error; R < 1 kΩ: 0,1 %
– Max Error; R < 10 kΩ: 1 %
– Max Error; R < 160 kΩ: 10 %
– Enhanced mode: Max Error; 32 Ω < R < 160 kΩ: 0.25 %
FAQ: Can I use ScanEngine for the module?
FAQ: What kind of connector are used for the module?
FAQ: How many FPGA resources does a C series module consume?
A: The FPGA usage of a specific software and hardware combination is affected by multiple factors such as; FPGA type and size, compilation options, the random starting point for FPGA code placement etc.
Hence, it is impossible to derive an exact figure that defines the FPGA usage of a specific C series module. For customers that are uncertain on whether their application will fit on a specific FPGA with a WireFlow C series module it is recommended to make a test-build. Note that no hardware is needed to make a test build.
For more details, please see AB0005-104 AN16 FPGA Resource Usage for WF C Series modules.
FAQ: Is the WF 3144 module compatible with cDAQ-systems from National Instrument?
A: No it is not. At the moment only the WF 3132 module works on both CompactDAQ and CompactRIO systems. The WF 3144 is for time being only compatible with the CompactRIO systems, including the expansions chassis for Ethernet, EtherCAT, R Series and MXI-Express. However, National Instruments has released a CompactRIO series that supports NI-DAQmx, called NI-904x (you can find them HERE). On these chassis you can use all of our C Series modules.
- Product Net Weight: 0.17 kg
- Country of Origin: Sweden (SE)
- Harmonized System (HS) / TARIC Code: 8537109199
– Entirely solid-state simulation
– High resolution with non-linear scaling
– Wide resistance range
– On-board calibration memory
– LabVIEW driver included
– VeriStand driver available
FAQ: Does the module work with cDAQ-systems from National Instrument?
Ecu Test Demo
NI Alliance Partner, WireFlow AB, shows a demo that illustrates how a simple Electronic Control.
– Pressure sensors, Thermistors, RTDs etc.
– ATE (Automatic Test Equipment)
– HiL testing (Hardware in the Loop)
– Laboratory testing of electronic control units
– Automated calibration and alignment
– Automate manual controls
FAQ: How is the WF 3144 Programmable Resistor Module designed?
Get up and running with the WF 3144 Resistor Module
Magnus from WireFlow shows step-by-step how to get up and running with the programmable resistor for the Compact RIO.